Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Damn, I wish I had said that!

Some of the quotes, quips and witty repartees I wish I had said. Lot of websites have this collection, so why blog about it, wasting the internet space? I asked myself. I compiled this list for myself, so that I could use them. Then I decided to share them with you. Now don't use them in a conversation with me!

1. These are my opinions and I agree with them.
2. This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force - Dorothy Parker
3. Due to cost cutting measures, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
4. For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
5. My brain has two parts - the left and the right. The left has nothing right in it and the righ has nothing left in it.
6. I always am careful of work-life balance. I take workbreaks in the day.
7. Your palm tells me that you will have severe problems in life till your 27th year. After that, well, you will become used to them.
8. The meek shall inherit the earth, whats left of it.
9. Coffee isn'y my cup of tea - Samuel Goldwyn
10. Given a choice between the devil and the deep sea, I will always take the devil. I can't swim. [Ok! I slipped this in, wondering if you would notice. It doesn't look too funny, does it?]

And BTW, another reason for compiling and using these quotes is "The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive." - Kenneth Williams"

1 Comments:

Blogger megha said...

Hey Sridhar,

Good lines there..I would take the liberty to add on to your list (some good ones I came across)

1> The 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator!.

2> Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

3>A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

June 10, 2006 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
.