Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Bored Blogger

What does a blogger with no readers for his blog and with no work do? You could tell him that he ought to stop blogging and do something worthwhile, like reading other blogs.

But hey, I am a compulsive and mostly impulsive blogger!

With no respectable hobby to speak of (such as painting!), I turned to an activity that is despicable even by my standards - sprucing up my blog. Oh, not the background color or the designer font variety, but the new online buzz - "Widgets".

Yes, the small itsy bitsy things that sit on your blog and show content from somewhere else. You will notice a few of them right now, let me see, Flickr Badges, Weather and temperature, receiving posts through emails (as if anybody is reading them!) - sorry I got carried away.

I am now searching for "cool" widgets to just occupy myself. YouTube widgets, Countdown timers, News widgets etc.

Thats the danger sign, I recognize it, but the lure is too strong. With no comments for any of the last few posts, I think the next thing I will do is to put in the comments myself [Thats when you can have me committed for "Compulsive Adolescent Blogoticitis"!]

Last I knew, there are more than 150,000 blogs in India alone , out of which about probably 1000 have good traffic. Others like mine are ramblings of a bored blogger.

Since this post also may not see a reader, I will post a message to myself:

"Hi Sridhar. Welcome to the blog."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me break the spell for you, Hi Shridhar. :)

December 12, 2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Sridhar said...

Thanks!!!!!

You don't know how much joy I felt when I saw your comment.

How did you come to this last outpost of bloggerdom?

~Sridhar

December 12, 2006 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment is to make you happy ...
RAGHAV

December 13, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Ravi said...

Ayyo ayyo ayoo..

You know what? The last couple of sentences in this post were amazing.

And this is not to make you a happy soul. I seriously felt like commenting and here it is.

:D

December 13, 2006 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many readers and you still crib :(

promila

December 15, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger megha said...

Hi! Hope you remember me...

Hey..When did you fall short of readers??!!!

Bored blogger...yes, I understand the statistics of the blogger community. Was going thru the same for quite some time..Anyway, cheers to you for having sustained the boredom.

February 23, 2007 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
.