Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Trip to Amsterdam - Part II

There has been quite some delay in updating my readers on my trip to Amsterdam , for which I do apologize.

The next morning, we took the mandatory-in-Amsterdam boat trip through the canals. While it was ok, considering that our guide spoke English (and was indeed very witty), it would have been better if we had been allowed to zip through in a speedboat.

Alas, just to prevent my sort of people from disturbing the peace of the city, Amsterdam city administrators limit the speed allowed in a boat to barely a crawl.

Of course, we could have rented a pedal boat, but with just two of us, we would have ended up with legs that would know only to pedal!



After the morning trip, we sauntered for a while on the city main road, eventually had a pathetic lunch (french fries and a coke), and then spent some taking photos.
Then we met a colleague who was working there and then walked along the city roads till dark. Finally, we had an early dinner at an Indian Restaurant (again bad service) and then went to bed.

Morning, we took the train and reached home sweet home in the late afternoon. overall, a wonderful trip, marred only by the fact that we were there in winter. Summer, I am told, is the time for a visit. Roadside cafes, with tables on the road, tulip gardens (a speciality of Amsterdam's neighbourhoods, I am told) and wonderful other places nearby (Delft springs to mind).

More photos are available on my Flickr photostream (link on the left panel of this blog), but for lazy readers, here are a few.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ravi said...

It was a visit to amsterdam and why are we watching only you in the photos? :p

January 15, 2007 10:28 AM  
Blogger Sridhar said...

Amsterdam is in the background. Blank photos only of places get boring after some time or so people told me.

And if I don't do "self-dabba", no one else will do it for me? Hehehe.[Thats the real reason, BTW].

You can alsways see some of Amsterdam minus me in my Flickr Photostream.

January 15, 2007 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, then you look smart.

January 16, 2007 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
.