Friday, May 09, 2008

Being techno-cool

This is my first post using Windows Live Writer Beta, so if there are any glitches, please bear with me.

I have spent the past few days catching up on my blog reading. With my current "passions" being personal finance, photography and new Web 2.0 inventions, I have a lot of reading to do. In all this reading, I am seeing a few online tools that make me look like, ummmm, "net-unsavvy".

Of course, the folks at Lifehacker are not making things any easier for me by their constant posts about new innovations on the internet.

Do you have a blog with its own domain and ads, facebook account, flickr/smugmug/picasa albums, twitter, digg/del.icio.us/technorati, firefox with its extensions AND integrated all of them? Then you are not cool enough.

In the last few days, I am trying to become ubercool.

  1. I am updating my blog (signed on to Adsense, but I need to confirm yet)
  2. I updated my facebook profile and added new friends
  3. I have a flickr account with more than 300 photos :)
  4. Created a netvibes.com dashboard to get all my RSS feeds in one place
  5. Added del.icio.us buttons and bookmarks
  6. Trying to install Windows Live Writer (latest)

I want twitter and firefox, but the place I work doesn't allow it. Heck, it doesn't allow many things.

Anyway, do you think I am techno-cool now. What about you? Let me know about being techno-cool in the comments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vyjayanthi said...

i think you are techno "chilled" ;) Its not even greek n latin...its hebrew and trojan for me !!

May 11, 2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger Sridhar said...

Thank you. thank you. thank you.
But seriosuly, I have a long way to go before becoming half as popular/well-known using these tools :)

May 11, 2008 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
.